Wednesday, May 21, 2014

A Little More About Me...

Hi!  My name is Katie and I am married to a handsome guy named Matt.  


We live in Wilmington, NC with our lovable American Bulldog, Moses...  


Matt and I were married on May 11, 2013 in a small church by the ocean.  



In search of an outlet through which to share my deepest thoughts on inter-faith marriages and Christian unity, I find myself here.  My hope is that through this avenue, I can make a difference in the lives of others.  Whether you may be Catholic (like me!), non-denominational (like Matt!), Baptist, Lutheran, Presbyterian, Methodist, etc.  It's time that we embrace the fact that Jesus loves all of us the same and His desire is that we learn to love each other as He loves us.  (John 17:20-21)

It is my goal to share my journey-in-process, from a wounded and defensive Catholic, to a non-defensive Catholic wife of a non-Catholic Christian. This is the place where I hope to clear the air surrounding many of the misconceptions of the Catholic Church and share some of the joys and struggles of life in an inter-faith marriage.   

I pray that the Holy Spirit will guide my heart and fingertips as we embark on this adventure together!   

God's love is an ocean, may His healing waters wash over all of us, 
and may He teach us to love.

1 comment:

  1. How funny! I remember praying for you and Matt when I was in the Holy Land and your (at the time) dating relationship with different faiths. I am so looking forward to how that plays itself out and how you join together in faith, though not under one church! Look forward to reading your story :)

    ReplyDelete